How We Work – A typical procedure
- Passenger telephones the Office between 09:00 and 12:00 Monday to Friday.
- An Office Coordinator records the trip, taking the necessary details.
- The Coordinator seeks an appropriate volunteer driver.
- When a driver is found, the Coordinator provides all relevant details to the driver. (An estimate of the cost will be available at this point, if requested)
- The driver arrives for the passenger at the appointed time, confirms the destination, return pick-up time and the likely cost based on either the ‘Standard Fares’ card or on 45p per driven mile for the round trip from driver’s home.
- The passenger is taken to the destination and returned home at the agreed time.
- The passenger pays the driver.
Great Massingham Area Community Car Scheme is managed by a committee. This meets twelve times a year and its members are:
|Dave Butterworth||Great Massingham||Co-Chair|
|John Horsfield||East Rudham||Treasurer|
|Sue Donnelly||Great Massingham|
|Bob Panrucker||Castle Acre||I. T. System|
|Tony Dessent||East Rudham|
|David Semken||Great Massingham|