Great Massingham Area Community Car Scheme
We offer a friendly and reliable door to door car service, seven days a week for anyone without personal transport.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) latest information (5th November 2020)
- We are able to continue driving…but:
- We are only able to cover essential journeys.
- The rules issued by the Government must be adhered to.
- Both driver and passenger must wear face coverings/masks.
- We can only take one passenger at a time.
- The passenger should sit in the rear seat on the left-hand side of the car.
- Driver and passenger hands must be sanitised prior to travel and the car cleansed afterwards in accordance with the guidance issued to all drivers
There are checks to be made via questions our coordinators will ask of passengers and each driver before a trip is accepted. Drivers are expected to ask the passenger the same questions again before allowing him/her into the car. Drivers have been emailed a newsletter which explains the changes and what’s expected of them, and the coordinators can also explain these to them.
If you would like to see the risk assessment and Appendix A, please request a copy from the coordinators
Passengers book door to door trips by calling 01485 520 823
Bookings may be made weeks in advance, but please try to give at least two working days notice.
Please see “Book a trip” and “How we work”
The scheme is supported by volunteer drivers who use their own cars.
The charge is 45p a mile or the standard tariff for the most common journeys, payable to the driver after the trip.
The area we serve:
Bagthorpe with Barmer, Bircham, Docking, East & West Rudham,
Flitcham, Fring, Great Massingham, Harpley, Hillington, Houghton,
Little Massingham, Rougham, Sculthorpe, Sedgeford, Stanhoe,
Syderstone, Tattersett, Weasenham, West Raynham,
Massingham Area Community Car Scheme is a not-for-profit organisation. It is funded by donations from individuals and the following organisations: Norfolk County Council; King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council; the parish councils of Bircham, Docking, East Rudham, Great Massingham, Syderstone, Harpley, West Rudham, Weasenham, The Sandringham Flower Show and the Massingham and Docking Surgeries.